Why has my Direct Debit changed?
We regularly check the amount of gas you are using to make sure that your fixed Direct Debit is set at the right amount. Our aim is to ensure that you do not fall into debt and that you build up enough credit over the summer period to cover your increased usage over the cold winter months. If the review recommends we increase or decrease your payment, we will always give you at least 10 days’ notice before we make the change.
There are many reasons for your payments falling out of line with your usage including:
- A change in usage patterns due to a new boiler or a new addition to the family.
- Weather patterns such as extreme cold or warm winter
- Previously inadequate usage history and data on your consumption.
But I’ve only just joined Entice Energy?
Its quite common for us to change your payment soon after you've joined us. We review your direct debit payment after just 2 months for the following reasons:
- When you register with us, your Direct Debit is set based on consumption numbers provided by you and are typically industry averages for low, medium and high users so do not accurately reflect your actual usage.
- If you Join us during the Winter (September – March) we may need to increase your payment temporarily to stop you falling into debt straight away. This is known in the industry as winter uplift. This is not an additional charge and we will review your payments again and reduce them where appropriate in the spring.